Beginning early this morning (October 16, 2014), St. Albans PD joined a massive effort in both Putnam and Kanawha County to attempt to serve 75 arrest warrants and 3 search warrants. As of 1:30pm, 78 people have been arrested and the three search warrants have been executed. The sweep continues and more search warrants and arrests are expected in both counties.
One of the search warrants was served on 10th Street in the City of St. Albans and a kevlar vest, ammunition, and various drug paraphernalia was recovered. Two arrests for Municipal Court capias were served there. Other arrests and charges are possible.
The list of entities participating in today’s round-up are:
· Metro Drug Unit (Chas. PD, Kanawha Co. SO, South Chas. PD, Nitro PD, St. Albans PD)
· Metro Drug Unit – Putnam Task Force (Putnam Co. SO, Hurricane PD, St. Albans PD)
· Kanawha County Sheriff’s Department – STOP Team / SWAT Team
· Charleston Police Department – Special Enforcement Unit / SWAT Team
· South Charleston Police Department – Special Enforcement Unit
· St. Albans Police Department – Special Enforcement Unit
· Dunbar Police Department
· Putnam County Sheriff’s Department – Street Crimes / Entry Team
· U.S. Marshals Service
· W.V. State Police
SAPD was pleased and excited to join these area agencies in this concentrated effort.