St. Albans, WV — The St. Albans Police Department is pleased to announce its collaboration with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) for the National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day, scheduled for Saturday, October 28th, from 10 am to 2 pm. This event underscores our continuous commitment to providing safe and secure avenues for proper drug disposal, thereby contributing to a safer and healthier community.
- Date: Saturday, October 28th, 2023
- Time: 10 am – 2 pm
- Location: St. Albans Police Department, 613 MacCorkle Avenue, St. Albans
Objective: The National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day aims to provide a safe, convenient, and responsible means of disposing of prescription drugs, while also educating the general public about the potential for abuse of medications. It is an opportunity to prevent drug addiction and overdose deaths in our community by ensuring that expired, unused, and unwanted prescription drugs are collected and safely disposed of.
What to Bring: Community members are encouraged to bring expired, unused, and unwanted prescription drugs for safe disposal. Please note that the following items cannot be accepted: liquids, creams, inhalers, and needles.
- Safety: Prevent unintentional poisoning, overdose, and abuse.
- Environment: Ensure drugs are disposed of properly instead of being flushed or thrown away, protecting our environment.
- Community: Demonstrate a collective commitment to addressing the opioid crisis and safeguarding our community.
Contact for More Information: For additional details about the National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day, please contact the St. Albans Police Department Business office at (304) 727-2251.